Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 300 and 65th

Chris and I celebrated our first anniversary on Monday! Marriage is funny. Sometimes I feel like I've known Chris my entire life and I can't even remember what it was like without him. And sometimes I look at him and I think, "I'm married? To Chris? I've only known him for a few years!"

Since we're newlyweds, people often ask me when I knew when Chris was "the one."...It was when I realized I wanted to be like him. It was when I'd see glimpses of his heart. His compassion, his faith, his generosity...and I realized that those aspects of him drew me to Christ.

I do know now that I didn't even know how much I loved him when I married him. And sometimes...well, sometimes I want to tell him how much I love him and I can't, because there are no words. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's just true.

So here's to being married!

1 comment:

tedstevens said...

Simply Beautiful Heidi! Simply beautiful, that's what i hope my wife writes after Ive been married for a year. My boy Chris is a extremely lucky man to have you as his wife.